FEATURE-REQUEST for the website

Thu Feb 27 00:42:08 CET 2003

Dear Sir,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and ask

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 05:43:08PM +0000, earthtirol wrote:
> hi
>
> would it bee possible to provide snmp-trap database
> on the nagios-website.
>
> user could provide snmp traps for applications
> an there should be a search interface to geht the traps
> for a spcific application
>
> greets hpa

why one wouldn't use the very nice facilities at
http://www.mibdepot.com/index.shtml ?

Are you really asking about trap handlers ? An area of the web page that
provides the code to handle traps for various applications (UPS, routers
etc etc) ?

If this is the case, FWIW, I don't think it a good idea. I would rather
see a trap add-on or better trap support in Nagios that eliminates the
need for trap handlers altogether.

I like plugins but I don't like trap handlers.

Yours sincerely.

Stanley Hopcroft

from Meditation 17, J Donne.