Problem with cmd.cgi

Tue Feb 25 09:31:53 CET 2003

Dear Sir,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and say,

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 07:56:07AM +0200, Nigel Kukard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a small problem when trying to use the forms which make
> use of cmd.cgi, when I submit the data all it does is hang... further
> investigation using strace reveals its waiting for input from stdin.
>
> I've tried multiple browsers, all with the same effect.
>
> any ideas?

that if you want to automate or provide a different interface to the
submission of commands etc, then

1 You could bypass the CGI and use the procedures documented to submit
all sorts of events to Nag via the command queue

see http://<your_path_to_Nag>/docs/extcommands.html

2 if you want to use the CGI interface then be aware that you need to
sypply the HTTP 'basic' authentication information.

If you use an HTTP request class like Perl's libwww, you shouldn't have
any problems.

While I haven't tried for cmd.cgi, I have been able to drive avail.cgi
with lynx (to get the CSV data for a monitoring period posted as an
attachment that Excel can open as a spreadsheet) without any problems.

> Regards
> Nigel Kukard

Yours sincerely.
Stanley Hopcroft