Error with check_dhcp

Matthieu Parisot mat at avedya.com
Mon Feb 24 17:57:54 CET 2003

Probably that you tried under the "root" user; to be sure of that just
do "su - nagios"
and try again to see if it stills fails. If the problem is here, try to
add SUID bit to check_dhcp binary, chown it to root, and it
should work... The solution is a bit piggy because an exploit in
check_dhcp could lead to local root compromise;
The problem must be that DHCP needs a privileged port, what the nagios
user is not supposed to need.
Mat