host-check on multi interface server

Markus Schencker markus.schencker at schencker.de
Mon Feb 24 11:55:55 CET 2003

Hi,

I have to monitor some multi interface servers.

In the documentation I can only find hosts with one IP address specified. As I
understand this IP address is used if any service check of this host fails to
decide whether the host is up or down but I want to consider all interfaces
not only one.

Here are two solutions I can think of

* Write my own check-host test that considers all interfaces (eg using fping)

* Specify one IP address for host check, specify service checks for all
interfaces and create service dependencies for the other service checks

Which one is to prefer or is there another preferable solution

Greetings

Markus