permissions webinterface

Sergeyssels Wouter wouter at nucleus.be
Sat Feb 22 13:04:01 CET 2003

Hello,

Nagios is installed and working properly, i'm recieving messages when
services/hosts go down etc.
The only problem is that I can't see anything trough the webinterface.

I get everywhere the following error message:
It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for
any of the hosts you requested...
If you believe this is an error, check the HTTP server authentication
requirements for accessing this CGI
and check the authorization options in your CGI configuration file.

I can read, and I have checked CGI authorisation over and over.

This is what I have specified in my httpd.conf:
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/local/nagios/sbin/
<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin/">
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Options ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>
Alias /nagios/ /usr/local/nagios/share/
<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share">
    Options None
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

The .htaccess file is in the share and sbin directory. When I go to the
webinterface my browsers asks to authenticate.
After I have authenticated myself succsesfull I see at the top of each
page "Logged in as wouter"

I have the following templates for the contacts.cfg - contactgroups.cfg:

define contact{
        contact_name                    wouter
        alias                           admin1
        service_notification_period     24x7
        host_notification_period        24x7
        service_notification_options    w,u,c,r
        host_notification_options       d,u,r
        service_notification_commands   notify-by-email,notify-by-epager
        host_notification_commands
host-notify-by-email,host-notify-by-epager
        email                           wouter at nucleus.be
        pager
pagenagios-admin at localhost.localdomain
        }

define contactgroup{
        contactgroup_name       admin1
        alias                        Administrators
        members                 wouter
        }

I think everything looks OK but it isn't working. Any suggestions would
be appreciated.

Thank you.

Wouter.