Monitoring Unix boxes (newbie)

Sandy Butcher sandy.butcher at lep.co.uk
Fri Feb 21 13:49:49 CET 2003

Hi,

I have installed nagios 1.0 on a redhat 8 box and all looks well I have
added the the NSC client (1.07.1) to a couple of NT boxes and can
monitor cpu load and disk space but Im a bit lost on how you do this on
other unix boxes as I can't find a client that does the same sort of
stuff on a unix platform do I use the check_by_ssh command and set up
ssh on the unix clients or is there something im missing.

Thanks in advance

Sandy

Any opinions expressed in the email are those of the individual and not
necessarily the company. This email and any files transmitted with it
are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient.   Please
note that communications sent by or to any person through our computer
systems may be viewed by other employees of ours.  Email traffic may be
monitored.

If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
this email in error and that any use is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the IT manager
by telephone on 0113 243 2701