hostgroup escalations + service escalations

Martin Edge martinedge at kbs.net.au
Fri Feb 21 03:11:56 CET 2003

Hey Guys,

I'm settig up nagios to do some monitoring (surprise?:P)

However, I've gotten to the point of doing escalations for all machines.
However, when there is a service issue, the escalations section requires
me to do a specific service escalation for each service.

I guess what I need it to do, is check for a service escalation, if it
doesn't exist, look for a host escalation, if it doesn't exist, look for
a hostgroup escalation, if that doesn't exist, use the contact-groups as
defined in the service.

Is there anyway to have Nagios work with this behaviour? Or is it
something someone has to hack into the source code?

Regards,
Martin Edge
Software/Network Engineer
KBS Internet