Obsessing over Obsessing... -- ocsp_command is running -- send_nsca is broken

Robert S. Galloway securityguy at ikano.com
Thu Feb 20 06:46:47 CET 2003

Hello everyone,

I have some new information to add to this. I've setup my
submit_check_result script to append the output to a file rather than pipe
it to send_nsca.

Example:

>> /usr/local/nagios/var/ocsp-test.log

instead of:

| /usr/local/nagios/bin/send_nsca etc...

After doing this, I can confirm that Nagios is obsessing over the service
checks as documented in the distributed monitoring docs. So, it appears that
the issue is specifically with send_nsca. I'm going to keep digging in on
it. One thing that I can tell you is if I run my submit_check_result script
(copied from the docs) from the command line, everything goes perfectly. But
if nagios runs it, it seems to be broken.

Thanks,

Robert S. Galloway
Network Security Engineer
IKANO Communications
...the Internet branding company
Official Data Networking Services Provider for the
Salt Lake Olympic Winter Games of 2002
securityguy at ikano.com
801-415-8089