Notification Interval Problem

Nagios nagios at atlantic-isp.co.uk
Wed Feb 19 23:52:07 CET 2003

I could be wrong here so hopefully someone will confirm my thoughts or
otherwise, since I have not come across this or looked into it.

But if a service check fails the host is then checked, this much I know,
if it is then found that the host is also down which is why the service
check failed would Nagios only then notify on the service failures?

I've never noticed this as since using Nagios we have not had a host go
down only service failures.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

One thing I did notice that you have duplicated information in your
service definitions that have already been specified in you template.
I don't think this has anything to do with your problem, however I was
wondering if this was wise. Perhaps the service definition entries
override the template entries.

Tony