Obsessing over Obsessing...

Jason Marshall jasonm at kelman.com
Wed Feb 19 20:17:59 CET 2003

I just created a new ocsp_command:

  define command {
        command_name            submit_check_result_jm
        command_line            /usr/bin/touch /tmp/blah
  }

and put this in my nagios.cfg file:

  obsess_over_services=1
  ocsp_command=submit_check_result_jm

I also have:

  obsess_over_service		1

on each of my services on the distributed machine...

Still nothing -- it's pretty clear that Nagios isn't attempting to run the
ocsp_command I've defined.  There are NO errors spewing out to the
log_file, so it mustn't think it's doing anything inappropriate.

If anyone else has any ideas, I'm all ears!

If I'm obsessing over services on the distributed machine, should the
status.log be filled with recent check results?  Or should they only be
sent to the master server?  Or should it be going to both?  Should I be
running state retention on the distributed machine?

---
Jason Marshall, Unix Geek, Kelman Technologies, Inc., Calgary, AB, Canada.

  From a Sun Microsystems bug report (#4102680):
    "Workaround: don't pound on the mouse like a wild monkey."

  "I have great faith in fools:
     Self confidence my friends call it."  -Edgar Allan Poe