Strange result with check_snmp

Babak Pasdar bpasdar at IGXGlobal.com
Tue Feb 18 18:38:09 CET 2003

Steve,

I just addressed this same problem 5 minutes ago.  Please read the enclosed:

I downloaded the latest CVS (my first experience with cvs), compiled and it works properly now.  check_snmp for both the following is busted.

-   nagios-plugins-200211131100
-   nagios-plugins-1.3.0-beta2

I did run into an issue compiling the CVS plugins.  It kept telling me it could not find getloadavg.c. However getloadavg.c was in the plugins directory.

I dont know if this is right or not, probably not since I am not a developer, but I opened configure and set the following from:

ac_config_libobj_dir=.

to:

ac_config_libobj_dir=./plugins

and it works now.

Thanks for all your help.

Babak

Steve Dussaux wrote:
> Hi
>
> I try 2 identical commands with these args (-v 1 -C public...) except that i do not load all the
>  mibs in the 2nd command using the --miblist="NONE" arg
> The 1st command return is normal : SNMP OK ....
> But the 2nd command returns a SNMP WARNING ...
>
> I don't understand this behaviour of the check_snmp plugin. I have only changed the loaded mibs
> and the state result is different...
>
> Has anybody an explanation ?
>
> Steve

Babak Pasdar
Founder/CTO
IGX Global
389 Main St.
Hackensack, NJ 07601
www.igxglobal.com
(201) 498-0555 ext. 2205

The electronic message that you have received and any attachments are solely intended for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential.

If you receive this email in error, please advise us by responding to NOC at igxglobal.com. You are required to delete the contents and destroy any copies immediately.  IGX Global is not liable for the views expressed in this electronic message or for the consequences of any computer viruses that may be unknowingly transmitted within this message.

This electronic message is also subject to standard copyright/ownership laws. It is not intended to be reproduced, or re-transmitted without the consent of the originator.

www.igxglobal.com