question about service dependencies and templa tes

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Tue Feb 18 17:08:51 CET 2003

This is something I recently decided I needed to test out myself.  I've got
pretty much the same setup as you.  (It wouldn't surprise me if you had
10-20 service checks dependent on nrpe_active, as I do.)

I can only suggest you check this out:

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/templatetricks.html#servicedependency

I recently bounced a question very similar to yours off the list, without
any helpful responses.  All I can suggest is that you set up a trivial case
on a non-critical machine and test it out.  This is what I intend to do,
when I have time.

Let's make a deal:  Whichever one of us tests this first, summarise to the
list...?  :)

jc