Out of bounds return codes using current CVS Nagios

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Mon Feb 17 18:41:59 CET 2003

On Mon, 2003-02-17 at 08:34, Phil Costelloe wrote:
> I'm currently testing Nagios for use in a production environment. I've
> just built the 200202132308 CVS version of Nagios and Nagios plugins to
> see if it resolves a few issues in 1.0 stable, primarily not being able
> to get the statusmap CGI to build at all. For the most part it does
> (statusmap.cgi now compiles and runs although, in common with a number
> of others, I can't get it to use the graphics I want) but there is one
> weird problem.

Please bear in mind that nagios itself is not currently suited for
deployment from the CVS tree. Ethan has stated (and reiterated) that he
is in the middle of sweeping changes that preclude this.

If 1.0 stable does not work, and you can find the bug, perhaps the
sources can be patched. In fact, I have appiled one patch to the RPM for
an open file descriptor issue (not posted yet).

But it seems more likely that you need to look to be sure gd libd and
freetype are  being properly recognized - historically that has been a
big problem. Have you already double checked that?

(Feel free to run the plugins off the CVS tree - because of their
modularity, the CVS is much easier to keep consistent. In fact, since
we're nearing beta 3, I'd consider CVS your best source at the moment).

--
Karl