Questions about flexlm

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Sun Feb 16 19:51:13 CET 2003

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Michael Jewett wrote:

> I apologize if this topic has already been discussed, but I couldn't find
> the answer I'm looking for in the archives.
>
> Our department has a license manger running and would like to know what
> check_flexlm can give us.  I don't know anything about the license manager,
> except which box it runs on.  I have lmstat installed, but can't figure what
> I need to have for a license_file.  Could someone give me a sample file,
> plus tell me what I can gain by monitoring it.  The more details the better.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

the license_file is the license.dat used by the license manager for all
its configuration (port, single/redundant server, software licensed)
Use the file that is used for your license server.  They are specific to
each installation.

lmstat uses the info in the file to figure out which host(s) the server(s)
are running on.

check_flexlm currently only verifies that the flexlm license manager is
running - it does not verify the state of any secondary vendor daemons.

--
-sg