Questions about flexlm

Michael Jewett mgj at unb.ca
Thu Feb 13 16:13:33 CET 2003

I apologize if this topic has already been discussed, but I couldn't find
the answer I'm looking for in the archives.

Our department has a license manger running and would like to know what
check_flexlm can give us.  I don't know anything about the license manager,
except which box it runs on.  I have lmstat installed, but can't figure what
I need to have for a license_file.  Could someone give me a sample file,
plus tell me what I can gain by monitoring it.  The more details the better.

Thanks,
Michael