Fwd: more check_citrix nonreturning woes

Fri Feb 14 00:58:01 CET 2003

Dear Sir,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and say that I think I am more
part of the problem than the solution.

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 01:26:39PM -0500, Jarett DeAngelis wrote:
> Stanley,
>
> Thanks for your prompt reply.
>
> I didn't realize the plugin could take quotes that way.  Thanks :)

Yep. Thanks to Mr T De Blende.

> Glad I could help with bug-stomping!  Does this mean I have to *include* all those apps in the published application list
>  between A1 and A5 (in your example)?  Or do I just have to make sure
> they're in the correct order, i.e. A1, A5 as opposed to A5, A1?

No. My last letter was using a pre-release check_citrix that had that
unfortunate characteristic.

Here is a more accurate version.

pc09011> ./check_citrix -h | head
check_citrix (netsaint-plugins 1.2.9-4) 1.1
The netsaint plugins come with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. You may
redistribute
copies of the plugins under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.
Copyright (c) 2002 Ed Rolison/Tom De Blende/Karl DeBisschop/S Hopcroft

This is the current release version. There are no _known_ problems with
this version (despite what I said yesterday).

eg

pc09011> ./check_citrix -C metaframe -P'a'
Failed. "a" not found in list of published applications
"blotus,Desktop,NewDesktop,StableTop,TestDesk" from master browser
"10.0.100.23".

pc09011> ./check_citrix -C metaframe -P StableTop
Ok. Citrix master browser "10.0.100.23" reported that the published
application "StableTop" is available.

pc09011> ./check_citrix -C metaframe -P 'StableTop,blotus'
Ok. Citrix master browser "10.0.100.23" reported that the published
applications "StableTop,blotus" are available.
pc09011>

And the order of the published applications _doesn't matter_ (despite
what I said yesterday).

> I really don't want to make multiple command definitions for checking multiple #s of published apps if I can
> avoid it.... so the -P A1 -P A2 thing is definitely a last resort.

Not necessary. See Mr De Blendes letter also.

> Also, I recently recompiled Nagios WITHOUT ePN support, so that's not it, and yes, I would be interested in
> testing a new version of check_citrix :)

The plugin works fine with my Nag-1.0/Perl 5.005_03 production ePN
system.

> Do let me know at your earliest convenience...
>
> Thanks,
> Jarett DeAngelis

So to sum up, I think all you need do is change the args so that your
crit and warn published applications are in the same string separated by
commas.

Do _not_ include spaces in the application lists. Spaces can be part of
a published application name so

-P'App1 , App2' is interpreted as -P'App1 ' -P'App2 '.

HTH.

Yours sincerely.

Stanley Hopcroft

from Meditation 17, J Donne.