Use of ramdisk

Atul Gosain atul at mindsw.com
Thu Feb 13 11:27:29 CET 2003

I refered to this documentation.
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/tuning.html

This para specifies that
*Use a ramdisk for holding status data*. If you're using the standard
status log
<http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/configmain.html#status_file> and
you're /not/ using aggregated status updates, consider putting the
directory where the status log is stored on a ramdisk. This will speed
things up quite a bit (in both the core program and the CGIs) because it
saves a lot of interrupts and disk thrashing.

Regards
Atul

--
Mindframe Software & Services Pvt. Ltd.