Daily notification

Tom DE BLENDE tdeblend at gcc.dhl.com
Thu Feb 13 09:16:14 CET 2003

Hi all,

We want Nagios to send a page to the beeper every day at 4 PM to see
it's still alive and the beeps are working. Is there any way to
achieve this by using the external command file? I couldn't see it in
the list of commands, but maybe it's an undocumented feature
(Copyright Microsoft Inc.).

An alternative would be to write a small script that pipes a
"PROCESS_SERVICE_CHECK_RESULT" to the external command file for a
dummy service to make it go into warning/critical. A mail can then be
sent out. Afterwards that same script should pipe another
"PROCESS_SERVICE_CHECK_RESULT" to the external command file to return
the service state back to OK.

Pretty lame, but it's the best thing I could come up with. Anyone got
a better idea?

It would be nice to be able to send out alerts when a service is in an
OK state (not recovered, just OK)... Then I could just use check_dummy
and have the service checked once per day.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance,
Tom