Intermitent Results

Dean Pothorin DPothorin at PresiNET.com
Wed Feb 12 19:37:17 CET 2003

I have installed NAGIOS on a server to monitor a hundred or so remote ping
hosts.  I am upgrading from the Netsaint version.

I go have an interesting issue.  About half the time when I check the
summaries, of any CGI, I get a dozen or so monitored systems saying "No
matching hosts" in the hosts field and "No matching services" in the
services field.  The next time I reload, I get everything working fine.

Does anyone have any Ideas.  All I need is to monitor for host uptime, not
services.

Here is a status check

Nagios 1.0
Copyright (c) 1999-2002 Ethan Galstad (nagios at nagios.org)
Last Modified: 11-24-2002
License: GPL

        SERVICE SCHEDULING INFORMATION
        -------------------------------
        Total services:             114
        Total hosts:                114

        Command check interval:     -1 sec
        Check reaper interval:      10 sec

        Inter-check delay method:   SMART
        Average check interval:     300.000 sec
        Inter-check delay:          2.632 sec

        Interleave factor method:   SMART
        Average services per host:  1.000
        Service interleave factor:  1

        Initial service check scheduling info:
        First scheduled check:      1045074597 -> Wed Feb 12 10:29:57 2003
        Last scheduled check:       1045074895 -> Wed Feb 12 10:34:55 2003

        Rough guidelines for max_concurrent_checks value:
        Absolute minimum value:     4
        Recommend value:            12