host notifications (dependency problem?)

Kai Sulfrian kai.sulfrian at alis.de
Wed Feb 12 12:53:07 CET 2003

Example:

Host A is UP, Host B (router) is DOWN, Host C (behind router) is probable UP
but not reachable -> Nagios shows DOWN.

I configured the host dependency, so that I will only get notified that the
Host B (the router) is down. -> That's what I want !!!

When the Host B is coming UP I will be notified, that Host B ist UP again.
-> That's what I want !!!

But I get a notification that Host C is UP again, too. That is not nessesary.
If Host C is really DOWN, I will be notified in any case.

What can I do to solve the problem.

Thanks, Kai.