Monitoring process may not be running

Elliot Finley efinleywork at efinley.com
Tue Feb 11 22:14:14 CET 2003

Since the archive search function doesn't work, I'll ask this question here.

When viewing the Tactical Monitoring Overview, in the upper left corner it
says 'Warning: Monitoring process may not be running!'.  When I click on it
for more info it shows the correct process information.  It has the correct
Nagios PID and the correct Total Running Time, Program Start Time, etc...
But under the Process Commands section it says 'It appears as though Nagios
is not running, so commands are temporarily unavailable...'.  And under the
Process Status Information section it says: 'Process Status: CRITICAL',
'Check Command Output: Could not locate a running Nagios process!'.  But if
I run the command as it is in the cgi.cfg file
nagios_check_command=/usr/local/libexec/nagios/check_nagios
/usr/local/var/nagios/status.log 5 '
/usr/local/bin/nagios'

it has the following output:

Nagios ok: located 1 process, status log updated 10 seconds ago

Anyone have any ideas?  I've already read and re-read TFM.

Elliot