statusmap.cgi Question - How to make it Pretty

Chris Stankaitis chris.stankaitis at datawire.net
Tue Feb 11 19:53:23 CET 2003

I personally don't care too much for the Status Map, it's nice to look
at but ultimately there are much more important screens in Nagios..
However the Non-Techie Management types love the little pictures and
network layout graph and such... so it has become my problem :)

Problem is with 70+ hosts even after defining and seting up parents the
thng is still a MAJOR mess... it seems the only solution is to define
manual XYZ coordinates, which seems like a VERY LONG job.

Does anyone have any advice out there on how I can do this in the
easiest most painless way possible??  I heard rumors that in the day of
Netsaint there was a GUI which would read in the config let you drag n'
drop things to where you want them, then would write out the configs
with the proper XYZ coordinates.

Does this still exist and does it work with the new template configs??
if not is there a comparable method out there to acomplish this

Thanks!

--
Chris Stankaitis
Systems Administrator