How to Implement SMS Alert

Brendon Caligari brendon at iwg.info
Tue Feb 11 15:58:08 CET 2003

A good start is buying a nice gsm modem (very cheap nowadays).  I prefer
a good gsm modem over a mobile fone connected via a serial interface (I
had to recharge my old siemens m35 every other day whilst prototyping)

I used sms daemon tools (freshmeat.net) and added a couple of additional
strings in misccomands.cfg.  I still have to play a bit with the printf
strings to make the messages a bit shorter (sms is 160 char max).