Which version of CVS should I download for regex pattern matching for host, hostgroup and service names?

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Tue Feb 11 05:30:57 CET 2003

Yes, regex matching has already been implemented in CVS, but I would
stronly urge against using CVS code at this time.  A lot of things
have changed, a lot will be changing, some stuff still doesn't work,
and there's absolutely no documentation on anything new. :-)  The
contact_groups directive (which you were getting an error about) has
been moved from hostgroup definitions to host definitions in the 2.0
code.

On 11 Feb 2003 at 0:23, GONG Wei wrote:

> Looks like this feature has already been implemented (2.0 completed
> features).  Have they been committed to the CVS?  If yes which branch should
> I download?
>
> Tried:
> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.nagios.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/nagios login
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.nagios.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/nagios co
> nagios
>
> And the result has been quite disappointing.  It builds fine but complained
> about:
>
> =====================
> Error: Invalid hostgroup object directive 'contact_groups'.
> Error: Could not add object property in file
> '/usr/local/nagios/etc/lan/all-ap.cfg' on line 478.
> =====================
>
> When I was trying "bin/nagios -v etc/nagios.cfg" command.
>
> The same config files, however, works perfectly in the nagios-1.0 downloaded
> from the web.
>
> I am using RedHat 7.2 and the built command used is:
>
> ./configure \
> --with-mail=/bin/mail \
> --with-init-dir=/etc/rc.d/init.d \
> --with-default-status \