check_snmp errors on CPU

Hiatt, William whiatt at upstanding.com
Tue Feb 11 01:16:46 CET 2003

I'm having an issue with the output of the check_snmp plugin, and wanted
to know if anybody had any tips.

No matter what I do, I can't get a STATE_OK out of the check_snmp
plugin. When run from the command line:

./check_snmp -H rtr-ed01.upstanding.com -o 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.58.0 -C
UPITRO -c 0:85 -w 0:70

I get the following returned:

SNMP WARNING - 0

Maybe I'm not all there today and didn't get the help file right, but as
I understood it, when specifying the ranges in a MIN:MAX form, that is
the range that is "OK". So by my command above, that means anything
within 0:85 will not result in a critical state, and anything within
0:70 will not result in a warning state.

Thanks for your help!

William