plugins dependencies

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Mon Feb 10 16:09:26 CET 2003

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Raj Mudhar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There are various plugins that will not be compiled unless I have these dependencies.
>
> For example:  check_fping - requires the fping utility.
>                       check_game - requires qstat
>                       check_hpjd - requires the snmpget binary
>
> and so on and so on.
>
> What i want to know is that after doing a Redhat 8.0 installation with
> the Install Everything option will i still need to download these as it
> says in the Requirements Nagios plugins readme.  Also is there a way to
> check if I have any of these already before getting all that it suggests
> and installing them.
>
> Regards

(line wrap to <80 please)

Currently there is no list of dependencies except those generated from the
./configure process.

A full install of RedHat will not always include all the dependencies.

fping is not included in RedHat
qstat is not included in RedHat
lmstat is not included in RedHat

snmpget is included in RedHat