FW: Nagios to monitor MQSeries

Volker.Aust at premiere.de Volker.Aust at premiere.de
Fri Feb 7 10:03:36 CET 2003

I have talked about IBM MQSeries and I never said, that it was not an
proprietary product. I do not check MQ from the Nagios host (Solaris 8 x86).
I call my script (which calls a modified sample program) through NRPE on a
Solaris 9 Sparc host with a MQ Client:

$ pkginfo -l | fgrep -i mq
   PKGINST:  mqm
      NAME:  WebSphere MQ Client for Sun Solaris

$ ls -l /opt/mqm/samp/amqsailq.c
-r--r--r--   1 mqm      mqm        19373 Jun 14  2002
/opt/mqm/samp/amqsailq.c

The colleague have found/modified/written a program "queuedeep", that
queries the length of a single queue from the MQ-server. I have wraped this
program in a shell script to generate the error-code/output for Nagios.

-vol