path to plugins in hosts.cfg

Christian Vanguers wangee at linuxbe.org
Thu Feb 6 18:03:48 CET 2003

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 10:02:29AM -0600, Ryan O'Rourke wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working on getting Nagios installed on RedHat 8. The last step of
> the nagios-plugins INSTALL file says to make sure the hosts.cfg file
> contains the correct path to the newly installed plugins.
> I don't see anywhere in the hosts.cfg where the plugins path is/can be
> defined. Do I simply need to do:
> 	check_command		/usr/local/nagios/libexec/command
> ?

Check resource.cfg, and especially the first lines...

# Sets $USER1$ to be the path to the plugins
$USER1$=/usr/local/nagios/libexec

Here is an example of command (in my case, the file is
"checkcommands.cfg) -- Notice the $USER1$
	# 'check_ssh' command definition
	define command{
          command_name    check_ssh
          command_line    $USER1$/check_ssh $HOSTADDRESS$
	}

Finally, in services.cfg (normally), the syntax for the command is :
	check_command                   check_ftp!10!15!20

Don't fear to use the default configurations, everything is pretty well
explained.

Hope it helps,

Chris

--