Plugin Installation - I have rtfm no help.

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Thu Feb 6 13:16:43 CET 2003

On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 06:11, Raj Mudhar wrote:
> hi, im using RH8 and nagios1.0 (non beta)
>
> I installed the plugins.. i downloaded the rpm.  Typed rpm -i nagios-plugins-1.3.0-bets2.i386.rpm it did its job.. and now where are these plugins? and the help files?  In the Nagios for beginners it says "the procedure to install the plugins is similar to that of core program. Refer to appendix C for the documentation associated with the plugins."  Where is the help file never mind appendix C.
>
> Well it would help to know how to Install these first before you even get to the HELP file.  I cant find no libexec in my nagios directory after running the rpm so i cant even find the help file.

I'd have to check into the reference in the nagios docs.

To see what plugins you have and where, I suggest you read the man page
for rpm.

	rpm -ql nagios-plugins

should do the trick.

As for plugin documentation, run the plugin of interest with --help as
an option. The authoritative docs come internal to each plugin.

There is a FAQ and a few other docs, and there will be additional docs
(derived from the embedded sources) in the future. But that's it for
now.

--
Karl