Nagios to monitor MQSeries

Detlef.Knop at gmx.de Detlef.Knop at gmx.de
Thu Feb 6 07:39:34 CET 2003

Dear all,

I would like to check whether MQSeries is available as a service on several
of my hosts. My first approach was to use the check_tcp plugin which from my
point of view worked fine. But the people looking after MQSeries on these
machines came back to me and complained that each time the plugin ran MQSeries
reported errors on these systems (two errors per check) because MQSeries
detects the incoming connection and wants to receive proper data, but then the
connection is closed.

Has anyone ever tried to do the same and found a solution? Maybe there is a
way using passive checks, or we might have to look into the possibility to
write a plugin.

Kind regards

Detlef Knop