Availability Report HowTo or Feature Request

James Harrison james.harrison at amcg.com
Wed Feb 5 16:41:31 CET 2003

List,

I'm using Nagios to monitor several groups of devices
(routers,switches,servers,etc).  My management has asked for an average
monthly uptime for all the various groups of devices.  Is there an easy
way to create a summarization of the monthly uptime for a hostgroup.
For example how can I calculate the average monthly uptime for all the
routers.  (Not each individual one,but the group as a whole).

I'm currently going through some gyrations with OpenOffice to make this
work, but it sure would be a nice feature to include a line at the top
of the availability table that says "Average uptime for <hostgroup> is
for the period of <timeperiod>"
--
James Harrison RHCA, CCNA