NRPE 2.0 compile problem on Solaris 2.6

Hildebrandt Jan Jan.Hildebrandt at comit.ch
Tue Dec 30 13:24:49 CET 2003

Hi all,

hope this is not OT - I tried to compile NRPE 2.0 on Solaris 2.6.
Make failed; the compiler (gcc) complained about the unknown type
socklen_t in line 520 of nrpe.c.

I compared the source file with that of NRPE 1.8 and noticed that
in 1.8 the type of addrlen used to be int. My quick fix was to set
the type to int in 2.0 as well, but I'm sure this is not a proper
fix. Maybe someone with more C and network programming knowledge
can deal with this minor problem.

Just wanted to let you know.

Regards,

Jan Hildebrandt

P.S.: CC me when replying, I'm not subscribed. Thanks!

COMIT Gruppe
Key Account Solutions
Pflanzschulstrasse 7
CH-8004 Zürich