Performance Monitoring in Nagios

Spyou spyou at club-internet.fr
Wed Dec 24 09:52:55 CET 2003

At 23:04 23/12/2003, you wrote:
>Again, the Nagios documentation alluded to doing something like what I
>mentioned above (the doc says "you could setup an occassional cron job
>to process the entries in those files, squash them using rrdtool, dump
>them into a database, produce graphs, whatever..."), yet did not come
>out and say "to make your life easy, I recommend using the XYZ package."

I'm using RRD for awhile now ... it's quite clean and works perfectly.

This is how my scripts works :
- I've seted up an event handler that's called everytime a check is
finished (yes, on every services that are actively checked)
- This scripts checks that returned status is OK and parse the information
returned by the nagios plugin (ie %tage of use for a DISK service, counter
for an ethernet card gathered with SNMP, ...)
- Then, he put this value in an RRD database

Thenafter, i've just seted up some services & hosts extended info links
that points to RRD graphs

you might want to take a look at www.rrdtool.org :)

See you
  'Spyou' - www.spyou.org - root at spyou.org
     #gtr / ircnet.kaptech.fr - UIN : 6871374

Please, tell me who i am !
- Supertramps