3 e-mails per host in DOWN state

Patrick Webster pwebster at ausgeo.com.au
Tue Dec 23 00:05:24 CET 2003

>[ host+service config snipped -- looks OK to me ]

>Although I haven't found something about contact_groups in your

I checked that and removed the alert options for hostdown from r,d,u,c
etc to d.
I also set the service alerts in contacts.cfg to n

>the same email address.  I had a similar problem when I had configured
>both a general 'nagiosadmin' user and a 'regular' user with my address:

As for users, I only have one so this is, sadly, not an issue ;-)

>it might be an additional notify_by_epager command (configured to send

I am not using a paging service yet.

Despite setting services.cfg to NOT send e-mails for any event regarding
CPU load, and changing the settings in contacts.cfg to receive no
messages, I am still sent mail... Very weird.

Thanks for your input.

-Patrick