Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing

Rob Nelson rob at capband.net
Thu Dec 18 14:48:25 CET 2003

>I've found it best practice to always do full stop/starts, rather than
>using restart.  Restart has the habit of occasionally starting the next
>procee without getting the old one killed on the FreeBSD-STABLE box it is
>running on.  Having two main nagios processes running leads to really,
>really, really interesting behavior.

Same here. I renamed the startup script to /etc/rc.d/init.d/nagiosd, added
a "killall nagios" to the stop code, and a "sleep 30" in the restart code,
between calling stop and calling start.

However, reload always works fine for me. I only do a restart if I add a
boatload of new hosts or groups, reload for any changes in config or
whatnot. What shows up in the nagios logs?

Rob Nelson
Network Administrator, Capitol Broadband
C: 919-369-1874
rob at capband.net