Page if service is up

Carl Schelin cschelin at hq.nasa.gov
Mon Dec 15 15:11:59 CET 2003

Hello,

   I'd like to monitor a service on the servers and page the admins if
the service becomes available.

   In this case, the service is the netscape admin server. It shouldn't
be running all the time so I'd like to page out when it's started. It
could also be sendmail or nfs for the servers that don't perform the
service but have the service activated after patching.

   I'm basically checking here to see if there's a command I missed
before creating a wrapper which will swap the exit codes (0 for 1 and 1
for 0).

   Thanks.

Carl