Compiling nagios -> nsca -> libmcrypt on Solaris 9

tvilliers tvilliers at lastminute.com
Mon Dec 15 14:37:00 CET 2003

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 12:25:42 +0000, Jim Mozley wrote:

> Michael Tucker wrote:
>

>> When I attempt to ./configure, then make libmcrypt, it fails. Evidently
>> there are a whole raft of undefined symbols (beginning with
>> nofb_LTX__mcrypt_get_state) that are not found in libmcrypt.so, so the
>> make fails for targets 'all', 'all-recursive', and 'ciphertest' (in
>> reverse order).
>>
>> Has someone else experienced this? Is there some environment setting
>> that needs to be tweaked?

using:
Solaris 8 s28_38shwp2
gcc (GCC) 3.3

I've had no problems compiling libmcrypt-2.5.7

ldd libmcrypt.so.4.4.7
        libc.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libc.so.1
        libdl.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
        /usr/platform/SUNW,Ultra-60/lib/libc_psr.so.1

might help you?

If security while transporting the Nagios status packets is not of your
ultimate concern, you could consider using the send_nsca.pl Perl script.
It works fine, and does not have a dependency on libmcrypt. The only
"negative" is that it only uses the Nagios "proprietary" "xor" encryption
method. You can find it at :
http://jasonplancaster.com/projects/scripts/send_nsca/