Help!! Nagios service not start --- status.log is missing : STILL A PERSISTENT PROBLEM

Akash Chandrashekar AChandrashekar at MercuryInsurance.com
Fri Dec 12 04:02:47 CET 2003

Hi we had the same weird problem, after a power failure as well. When I
traced backed, we added cgi functionality. If you look carefully, I
believe the log file is saved as .sav . Even if your rename the file, it
will then complain about a missing process in PROC directory. Anyhow, I
got it to work by disabling cgi external check functionality in
nagios.cfg and cgi.cfg . While this is an interim solution, Id  like to
follow up on the same request as you, and figure out why this happens
when External CGI functionality is enabled.

Can someone look into why this happens???

Regards, Akash

Mercury Insurance Operations

the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please
request a hard-copy version.