Help!! Nagios service not start --- status.log is missing

Surya Rahmadiansyah surya at divre1.telkom.co.id
Fri Dec 12 03:47:11 CET 2003

Hi, everyone

A few minutes later, my Nagios server is down because electrical problem.
When power and server is up, nagios services cannot started. The message is :

[root at nagios root]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/nagios start
Starting network monitor: nagios
NAGIOS CRITICAL - could not find status log: /var/log/nagios/status.log
[root at nagios root]#

why status.log is missing? I read in the FAQ and the answer (about
status.log) is disk capacity. But my server have 40GB and used space only 6%.

I used Redhat 9.0 (Shrike) and Nagios 1.1.5 (rpm) from dag wieers ...

Please help me, Regards

Surya Rahmadiansyah