CGI Authoristaion problem (and yes I have read the FAQ)

Patrick Ouellet pouellet at microtecsecurite.com
Thu Dec 11 17:06:54 CET 2003

Thanx a lot Marc, that was the problem.

I though that because apache created the file it
would be readable by apache, but not!

htpasswd create the file with owner of the currently
logged in user, so it created htpasswd.users owned
by root. I changed the owner to apache and bingo !

Thanx a lot everyone for your fast answers.

Patrick Ouellet - pouellet at microtecsecurite.com
Administrateur des serveurs reseaux
Informatique - Poste 130
Microtec Technologies inc.
"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you.
Then they fight you. Then you win."
-Mahatma Gandhi