CGI Authoristaion problem (and yes I have read the FAQ)

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Dec 11 16:45:45 CET 2003

URL
> "/nagios/cgi-bin/status.cgi". You either supplied the wrong
credentials
> (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply
> the credentials required.
> */

This isn't a nagios problem as the entire login process is handled by
apache. Nagios just looks at the http_user environment variable set by
apache to determine who you are. Obviously you're not even getting that
far. I would hope that there would be some explanatory information in
your apache error log. I suspect that it's a permissions problem with
apache not being able to read your htpasswd.users file.

--
Marc