Performances issues

Denis Sacchet ouba at ouba.org
Thu Dec 11 11:22:58 CET 2003

Hi everybody,

I actually have a problem with a running 1.0 installation. I
monitor 10 hosts with a total of 27 services.

Nagios report very bad response time (typically over 100 ms
for a check_smtp) and when I do the same command directly
in CLI, I got very good response time (typically 4 ms, this
is a local lan).

The machine is not load a lot (between 0.1 and 0.6 typically),
the configuration of max_concurrent_check, intercheck, etc ...
match the nagios -s recommendation (3).

I renice the nagios process to 15 to see if it is a problem of
priority, but no way ...

Has someone saw the same behaviour ? Has someone a solution ?
I can provide more detailed informations ...

Cordially

--
Denis Sacchet aka. Ouba                     ("`-/")_.-'"``-._