Distributed monitoring

Gert Lindstrom gert.lindstrom at brevik.nu
Thu Dec 11 10:28:10 CET 2003

Hello Group.

Hope I can get some advice here.

I have been trying to set up distributed monitoring but i dosent work :-(

I have on one machine set up one host and one service for that one, just a simple ping.
Put the submit_check_result script under ...libexec/eventhandlers and made a entry in checkcommands.cfg for it.
Also installed the ncsa send program on that machine.
obsess_over_services=1
ocsp_command=submit_check_result

On the master nagios i have set up the host and the ping service.
Have also started the other ncsa program here.

There must be something that im missing, cant figure it out. If i take my host down i dont receive any alarm ?

How can i check that the two servers are talking "nagios" with each other ?

Regards
Gert