18000 services to check and Nagios just sits and waits.

Attilio Poleggi atpol at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 11:39:18 CET 2003

>From your question it seems tha Nagios can't start
more than 4-6 processes.. very strange: usually it
starts hundreds of checks.

What can you say about "scheduling queue" ? Are all
checks correctly scheduled ? And, if so are them
orphanized (you should enable "orphanize" option to
understand it)? or they just wait in latency?

If Nagios configuration is OK ( max_concurrent_checks
and so on) you can try to glance at Linux kernel
parameters (i.e. "ulimit" and others).

Good luck