Authorization failures

Jason Carr jason at flacid.org
Tue Dec 9 00:02:23 CET 2003

Hello,

After much googling and reading, and rereading, I can't seem to
figure this out.

I just did a fresh install, I went through each cfg file, changed
everything to what I wanted, setup my httpd.conf file, and I setup
my .htaccess file.

When I attempt to open the web interface, I get the following error:

It appears as though you do not have permission to view information
for any of the services you requested...

If you believe this is an error, check the HTTP server
authentication requirements for accessing this CGI
and check the authorization options in your CGI configuration file.

This is if I authenticate using the user 'jason'.  If I changed the
cgi.cfg file to say:

use_authentication=0
default_user_name=jason

I am then allowed to view everything that I need to.

Is there a way to enable authentication and not have that error
message show up anymore?

root at dexedrine [/usr/local/nagios/etc] (9) % grep authorized_for cgi.cfg
authorized_for_system_information=*
authorized_for_configuration_information=*
authorized_for_system_commands=*
authorized_for_all_services=*
authorized_for_all_hosts=*
authorized_for_all_service_commands=*
authorized_for_all_host_commands=*

I also setup these, I tried putting jason in instead of *, that
doesn't help either.

Thanks,

Jason
jason at flacid.org