I need a little help

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Dec 8 16:21:06 CET 2003

Nagios will only send alerts on a Hard state, so the key is to make the
very first check a hard state --

max_check_attempts: This directive is used to define the number of times
that Nagios will retry the service check command if it returns any state
other than an OK state. Setting this value to 1 will cause Nagios to
generate an alert without retrying the service check again.

If you're certain that's your problem then setting max_check_attempts to
1 should fix it.

--
Marc