I need a little help

Luke Worthy luke at advancen.com
Mon Dec 8 08:00:45 CET 2003

I have Nagios working really well, but I have one small problem.  I have
slightly altered one of the checks to read a particular page, search for a
string and so on, but when it fails it doesn't send out notifications.

The host is still up and working, but the server that the script was looking
for is down.  I goes red and makes noises and all hat stuff, but how do I
make Nagios send out notifications?

I know it has something to do with hard and soft errors.....basically I want
notifications sent for everything (hard or soft).

Luke