notification_options

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Dec 8 16:02:41 CET 2003

Yes, you probably should have been bitten by now ;). --

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xodtemplate.html#host

notifications_options: This directive is used to determine when notifications for the host should be sent out. Valid options are a combination of one or more of the following: d = send notifications on a DOWN state, u = send notifications on an UNREACHABLE state, and r = send notifications on recoveries (OK state). If you specify n (none) as an option, no host notifications will be sent out. Example: If you specify d,r in this field, notifications will only be sent out when the host goes DOWN and when it recovers from a DOWN state.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xodtemplate.html#service

notification_options: This directive is used to determine when notifications for the service should be sent out. Valid options are a combination of one or more of the following: w = send notifications on a WARNING state, u = send notifications on an UNKNOWN state, c = send notifications on a CRITICAL state, and r = send notifications on recoveries (OK state). If you specify n (none) as an option, no service notifications will be sent out. Example: If you specify w,r in this field, notifications will only be sent out when the service goes into a WARNING state and when it recovers from a WARNING state.

--
Marc