StatusMap Showing "Nagios Process"

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at stanford.edu
Wed Dec 3 18:31:12 CET 2003

--On Tuesday, December 02, 2003 3:41 PM -0800 Joe Rhett <jrhett at isite.net>
wrote:

> Nagios _IS_ the center of the universe from it's perspective.  REALLY.
>
> And why are you complaining about this anyway?   Use specified coordinates
> and make the map look however you want it to look.
>
> There are so very many many things wrong with status map, and this really
> isn't one of them.

Okay, point taken.

I have issues with doing coordinates that have to do with having very
widely disbursed systems that I don't want to deal with right now.

On a separate note, when running a client/master nagios setup, how do I let
nagios know the paths between the parents of the two systems?  i.e.:

N1 - a - B - b - N2

If a & b are routers, and I have hosts on them, then obviously the parent
paths to N1 and N2 are different, so all of the host dependencies by
parents depend on which nagios is the master.  Do coordinates then become
required for nagios to map the dependencies correctly?

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer