StatusMap Showing "Nagios Process"

Joe Rhett jrhett at isite.net
Wed Dec 3 00:41:10 CET 2003

> >There are no 'parents' of Nagios, since the tests originate from Nagios.
> >Nagios doesn't depend on anything to reach itself.
>
> Nagios, however, is not the root of the world.  Therefore, I think it
> should have an idea of where its place is in the world it is monitoring.
		..
> This would be a much more useful representation of networks.  Nagios
> automatically assumes that it is the center of the universe, and other than
> assigning coordinates, there seems no way to break it of this notion.

Nagios _IS_ the center of the universe from it's perspective.  REALLY.

And why are you complaining about this anyway?   Use specified coordinates
and make the map look however you want it to look.

There are so very many many things wrong with status map, and this really
isn't one of them.

--
Joe Rhett                                                      Chief Geek
JRhett at Isite.Net                                      Isite Services, Inc.